by Lesley Drayton, Curator, Fort Collins Local History Archive
The Fort Collins Historical Society is ready to kickoff their 2010-2011 season of interesting and informative local history presentations!
All Fort Collins Historical Society programs begin at 7:00 pm and take place at the Webster House, located at 301 East Olive Street, right across the street from the Fort Collins Museum & Discovery Science Center.
Here’s what’s in store this season:
- Tuesday, September 7: Lance Williams – Pioneer Families of the Upper Poudre Canyon
- Tuesday, October 5: Mary Thomas – History of the Fort Collins Ownership of the Farm at Lee Martinez Park
- Tuesday, January 4: Jim Hansen – History of Colorado State University
- Tuesday, March 1: Barbara Fleming and Mac McNeill – The Mark Miller Photographs
- Tuesday, April 5: Joan Day – Impersonation of Virginia Slade
You can also visit the Fort Collins Historical Society website for more information about membership, programs, and activities.